Wednesday, December 23, 2015

What brings you here??

Are you an educator? A parent? A self-proclaimed techie?

Do you wonder how rural schools will meet the demands of preparing students for a career in an increasingly technical world?

Do you want to inspire our schools and educators (and students!) to know technology as an opportunity and not a barrier?

Do you wish there was an easier way to connect with colleagues to share challenges and ideas?

Do you wish you knew what everyone else knew, but don't know how to know it??

Yeah.... me too.
Why did I start this blog? We as a North Country need a space to come together to answer these questions, overcome the distance gap, share our best EdTech practices and celebrate successes. This should be a space where everyone feels comfortable to learn what will work best for them in their own classroom.

Leave a comment... Tell me why you're here.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this, Sarah. This is a great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Check out the link to the Tech Share document we were all collaborating in a couple months ago. I've tried to start organizing all the great ideas generated that day.

      Delete
  2. I'm using Android tablets that chromecast to 2 large screen TVs for 9-12 math. I'm always looking for new websites that work well on an android. Unfortunately lots of interactive sites I've used in the past work on my laptop but not on the tablets. I do use Desmos and Geogebra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious what prompted the choice for tablets and tv's... In the back of our mind we will need to think about what happens when SmartBoards need replacing. I use an Apple TV to wirelessly project my iPad and rarely use the SmartBoard as it was intended, simply because I like being wireless. But, I'm never thrilled with the iPad's compatibility with a stylus. Do your tablets have one built in and do you like it?

      Delete
    2. Forgot to add... I think I will try to reorganize the Tech Share document so that people can leave comments about what platform apps and resources work best on. Hopefully that can help you out! I always run into issues with sites using Flash... They are slowly being phased into Web 2.0 that will work across platforms, but some of my favorites will probably never be updated. Do you have that issue with Android devices?

      Delete